To apply, interested applicants should email [email protected].
Part-time Production Assistant
Location: Portland, OR
- Will be asked to prepare print files to supplied specifications.
- Assist with office tasks requested by the Production Manager and the Editorial staff.
- Work in the DENPA offices four hours per day five days a week.
- Have familiarity with “manga”-style lettering and typesetting and be
able to follow style guidelines specific to each book and/or series.
- Must have a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including:
knowledge of Book files, paragraph styles, object styles, character styles, frames, links, master pages, spreads, scripts, and the like.
- Photoshop: be able to retouch artwork seamlessly
- Basic understanding of Japanese, including the ability to read hiragana and katakana.
- Basic understanding of command-line programs.
- Assist with design ideas, including logos, merchandising/promotional materials and publicity.
- Availability for events (with board, travel and per diem provided by the publisher).